Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Want to Work From Home?

I know, you are probably saying to yourself, “I would love to work from home, but where do I even start to find a home-based business?” Well, if you have read any of my previous blogs, you will understand that I had to find work and fast!
I really did not consider working from home at first. I scoured the local classifieds looking for something, anything that I would be remotely qualified to do. I have a degree in Psychology, but where I live does not lend itself many choices and openings. I could get back into the foodservice business; bartending, waiting tables or managing, but I do not know if I want to get involved in that lifestyle again.
I was getting extremely frustrated hearing back from interviews that I was either over or under qualified. A job opened up an hour away and I had seriously debated taking it (by the time I paid for gas back and forth, I would owe them money!) when I saw a commercial in t.v. rambling on about making a fortune working from home. Being the skeptic that I am, I laughed the entire time I was looking up the site online. “You can make $3,000 a month extra in your pajamas!” I was like, “Right, an extra $3,000 a month for doing basically nothing?”
Needless to say I was skeptical and cynical, BUT, intrigued! I started Googling and Yahooing home based businesses and found a whole other world out there. I mean I was on the computer hours crawling through sites writing down as much information as I could possibly find. I was addicted. Addicted to finding my work at home program that was going to make me a million dollars.
What I found out was you learn something new everyday. Just when I would get excited about a site I found, I would research and find out it was legit, but no money or future in it. I thought I was really on to something when I signed up for Doba. Oh, I thought, “This is genius! Why didn’t I think of that. I will sell these items on Ebay and make a killing! All from my pajamas!” Then after messing with it for three weeks reality settles in and you find that there is no way to make money EVER from Doba. Unless you can afford to ship ALL of the items you sell free, then you might be able to compete with Wal-Mart or Target. Not a recommendation.
Therefore, you learn the hard way. I am almost glad I took the long way home, because it enabled me to spend six months trying to figure what works and what does not. What did I do to make a living in the mean time? I sold everything in my restaurant on Ebay. It took me 2 1/2 months, but it was a great learning experience for me.
I do recommend Ebay. Whether it is for leisure, hobby or business, Ebay is a great way to start working from home, as well as an ongoing side project. Easy and inexpensive to use, you will become addicted in two weeks!
So I still buy and sell on Ebay, but I use it in cojunction with several other work at home programs that I found to be the safest,, easiest and more importantly, money generating. Can you retire right away? Lose your 9 to 5? Probably not right away, but not totally impossible. Start out three nights a week and quarter of a day on the weekends and see what happens. A lot of people are making a lot of money working from home. I believe it to be the wave of the future.
I spent six months researching over a hundred different programs; some I made money on, some I did not, some were a complete scam and I lost money. What I came up with was a way to recommend to you FREE what I feel are the best programs out there to make you some money.
Post back and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment