Saturday, July 24, 2010

Work from Home - My Story

To work from home is not just a dream, for many of us it is a necessity. I am one of those people that work from home is something I have to do. About a year ago, I found myself without a job and unable to find another one. It was not that there were no jobs available, but rather that I was unable to perform them.
I have some nerves that have become damaged and damage to the discs in my spine. Complicate that with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and some other serious problems, and I am just unable to work outside the home. I was ineligible to get disability and was not left with many other options. I had to find some work at home or we would lose our house.
So, I began my search for work at home jobs. The first thing I found out is that people seeking for work from home are victims in waiting. We are preyed upon by scam artist and criminals. I was ripped off several times in my journey to find legitimate work from home work.
I want you to learn from some of the mistakes I made along the way. Here are some things you can do to protect yourself:
-Get Rich Quick: Is it too good to be true. If it sounds that way, then it is a scam. There are no get rich quick schemes. Just like any job, you have to work at home to make money. If there sales pitch says you will make a fortune, or you will get rich with this program, you need to click away from the site immediately.
-Research: If you find a work at home job that sounds legitimate and you are interested, then you need to research it. Use the Better Business Bureaus to check out the work at home company. You will find out quickly if they are a scam or not. If they are a scam the BBB will have many complaints. You can also search the Internet for reviews of the company. You want to look for what real people are saying about the company and their work at home program.
-Ask Questions: There are some real work at home jobs available. If a company is legit, they will not have a problem answering any questions you have. If a company does not answer your emails, or side steps a question, you should take that as a sign and leave. A company that is real will also have a phone number. There will be support for the at home workers.
-Read: If you enter work from home in the most popular search engine you will get 182 million instances. Yes, that was million. There is a wealth of good, honest, real information available on the Internet. There are even some good Ebooks for sale that offer you great information. You need to read, and then read some more. Many of these Ebooks and Internet web sites will give you all the information you need to be successful at working from home.
-Ask your friends: You would be surprised at how many people you know have performed the same search for work at home. With today’s economy, it seems we all need a little help. Asking the people you know will help you find work at home quickly and easily. Often, they have done all the heavy lifting for you. Use the resources you have available to you.
I finally found a work at home job that I could perform and make some money. I am not getting rich, but it helps pay the bills. The work at home jobs are out there. I hope some of this info will help you from falling into some of the traps along your journey to find that perfect work at home job.

No comments:

Post a Comment